So when I potty trained Timothy I used Laura Jenson's 3 Day Potty training method and it worked like a charm. Lincoln was a complete different story. It really surprised me b/c he was acting so ready....always going to the potty and sitting on it, following his brother in there, etc. So on day one 1 was very optimistic thinking this is going to be a piece of cake just like it was with Timothy. WRONG...DEAD WRONG.
Day 1: We went thru about 20 pairs of underwear.....mostly wet although he did poop his pants once. Let me tell you there really is nothing worse then poop in underpants. I can handle dirty diapers but in the underwear is another story. I kept comparing everything to how Timothy was...knowing that is the wrong thing to do b/c they are two totally different kids. Lincoln was showing no interest at all in going in the potty. He didn't even flinch when he wet his pants.....it's like he didn't even notice.
Day 2: Pretty much same as day one however maybe a few less pair of underwear on no poop. No poop at all. The kid didn't poop all day long (and he is a pooper)......but I felt like he was peeing every 5 min. I limited his liquid intake and he still could not stop peeing his pants. At this point he still was not even bothered by wet underpants. I was thinking I wanted to give up on day 2 but I knew I really should keep trying....maybe just maybe he would get it on day 3.
Day 3: Starting off day 3 I was very discouraged because Day 1 and 2 had gone so bad. I decided I needed to go into the day with a more positive attitude so I did. I told myself he's a smart kid he can do it!!!! Well not so much. He absolutely had NO interest at all in going potty in the big boy potty. He even started getting to the point of getting mad and frustrated with the whole idea. Even with limiting his liquids to the point where I thought he might get dehydrated he still was peeing his pants every 5-10 minutes.
That night I decided he just was not ready. I tried it for the 3 days and he showed no progress at all and was clearly just not interested. I was a little disappointed in myself for giving up but I also didn't want to discourage him so that night I put him in a pull up and decided to try again in a month.
I am not and will not knock Laura Jenson's method because it has worked for me once and many other people that I know. It's just not for some kids and Lincoln is one of those kids.
Hudson James Badger { 2 Year Old Pictures}
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment