Thursday, August 19, 2010

Timothy is POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!

After struggling with Timothy for the past year with the whole potty training thing we finally have it down!!!!  I am so proud of my little man!!!  I have read many books and searched the internet for possible solutions.  I just so happened to see an article in a Parenting magazine about this 3 day potty training E book by Lora Jensen.  Both Ryan and I were very abrenhensive about it but I spent the $24 and bought the book.  It is crunch time b/c he is starting preschool in about 3 weeks and he needs to be potty trained by then.  I read the book several times and began the 3 day task last Tuesday.  By Wednesday night he was going to bed in his underwear and waking up dry!!!!  It really truly worked!!!!!!  It was a lot of work for those three days but all the hard work paid off!!!!!!  We have even made trips to Hacienda, Wal-Mart, Menards, and Lighthouse Mall without any accidents.  He does still dripple a little every once in awhile b/c he still is holding it until the last possible minute.  He is also freaked out by the loud noise of the flush in the public restrooms so we have to promise him we won't flush or he won't go!!!!  I am such a proud Mommy!!!!!  Now I just have to prepare myself to send him off to preschool!!!!

1 comment:

  1. HORRRRRAYYY FOR TIMOTHY. Im sooo proud of him! What a good bug boy! Give him kisses and GREAT job mama!

    ReplyDelete