My gosh it's been a long time since I've blog. A month to be exact!!!!! Ryan has been working a ton so with him gone so much it's been hard for me to be able to sit down and blog. By the time the kiddos go to be I'm ready to go to bed myself. We are also in process of re-doing our entire kitchen. The painting has been done and now we are working on the cabinets. OMG I never imagined it would be so much work and so time consuming!! We wanted a totally new look so we had to strip them down to the original wood. Even with long sleeves, gloves, and long pants on I still managed to burn myself about 20 times with the stripping chemicals. We spent this entire last weekend working on them and they are still not done. Now that the hardest part is over the only thing left is to stain and urethane them. We plan on finishing that up this week and then putting in our new counter top!!!! I cannot wait to see the finished product!!!! I will make sure to post the before and after photos when we are completely done!!
The boys are doing great. Getting bigger, smarter, and cuter by the day!!! They have now completely recovered from their tonsillectomy! It took both of them the entire two weeks to recover. That so far has been the hardest two weeks I've had as a parent. It was hard on all four of us. Our poor boys were in such pain and discomfort and there was nothing that Ryan or I could do to make them feel better. Now that they are completely recovered I've definitely noticed some changes in appetites. Lincoln never had a problem eating but Timothy was always very picky and finicky about his food. He has now been eating much better and and also eating more of a variety of foods!!!!! Hopefully this will be the end to our strep throat issues!!!
Timothy is just about to finish up his first year in preschool. He has learned so much and I am so thankful he had such great teachers!! His last week of school he has a field trip and a little "stepping up ceremony"!!! I know I may be a little bias but I think he is such a smart little boy. He is turning 4 in August and he can already write and spell his name, he can say and write his address, and he can say and write his phone number! Not too bad for such a young little man!!! I also think he is going through some sort of growing spurt. He has had some rough nights the last couple of weeks waking up complaining that his legs hurt! He is always wanting to be outside playing. He LOVES being outside!!!!!
Lincoln is a busy busy boy. So different then his brother was. I really don't think Lincoln ever just stops and sits down..........he is always on the go. I have also noticed lately that he is very imitative. I see him doing things that I always do with the kids. For example if one of the babies is crying he will go and pat their belly or their bottom to try and get them to stop. He is also turning into a neat freak.....always picking up things that are out of place (something I always do). If a door is open that should be shut he shuts it, if the bathroom door is left open he will be in there cleaning the toilet with the toilet brush!!!! He has now had two sessions of speech therapy and Ryan and I are already starting to see a big improvement in his speech. Even if we can't understand everything he is saying he is trying to talk to us to get something instead of just grunting or yelling. He also LOVES his speech therapist. She is young and energetic and when she is around he could care less about me! I am hoping that this is just what he needs to get him back on track.
We have a very busy spring/summer planned. We have a trip planned with some friends over Memorial Day to Indiana Beach and then in June we head to Texas on our first family vacation. Not to mention both the boys and my niece and nephew have birthdays over the summer!!!!!
Hope everyone enjoys the nice warm weather and has a fantastic week!!!!!!!!!!!
Hudson James Badger { 2 Year Old Pictures}
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment