Oh what a week we have had over at the Knoll household. Our water heater has had a very small leak for awhile now but this past week it started leaking enough to start leaving a little puddle everyday. My dad called my Uncle Ed and he said he could come out Sunday (today) to put a new one in. Throughout the week the leak got worse and worse. On Friday I took the kids down stairs I went upstairs to get the babies when I came back down I hear splashing. The water was leaking so bad it leaked thru the wall and into the playroom where I found Lincoln swimming in a pool of water in our basement. When Ryan got home from work I told him he needed to just shut it off and we would have to deal without hot water until Sunday. That evening he shut it off and drained all the water out. While draining it the seal on the hose he was using gave out and we then had 20 gallons of water in the basement!! It was everywhere....and we are still working on getting it all cleaned up. The carpet is dry but we need to clean it now b/c it is dirty from the rust under the old water heater. Just as Uncle Ed said he came today and put in a new one so we now have HOT WATER again and NO LEAK!!!!!
Saturday was also an eventful day. Ryan went to work and when going to leave he couldn't get the car started. That was the last thing I wanted to hear after all the issues we had with the water heater. So I went and picked him up and we left the car there for the night. Today my dad and Ryan took the Hummer to South Bend and pulled the car back to our friends house who is going to help Ryan replace the fuel pump.
Saturday was also my nephew Nolan's birthday so we went out to my parents house in the evening for his birthday party. My sister threw a great party for him and the boys had so much fun. Nolan turned 2 however he keeps telling everyone he is 3 and Timmy is 2!! LOL. When we came home from the party Timothy was walking up the steps not paying attention and tripped. He bit his lip and bled for a little while. When he was all done crying he told me we needed to go outside and draw a smiley face on the stair so that the stair could tell him sorry. Timothy said the stair needs to say sorry for biting his lip but it can't unless it has a face. I looked all over the house for some sidewalk chalk but couldn't find any anywhere. By the time I was done searching he had forgot about it so I didn't have to worry about him getting upset again.
On Sunday we had another injury this time to Lincoln. Lincoln is into everything. Taking pictures off shelves, climbing on top the toy box, turning the t.v. on and off, etc. Timothy never got into all this stuff so now that Lincoln is doing it we can't take our eyes off him for even 30 sec. While I was cutting my potatoes this morning for my soup I was making they boys were playing the in the living room. I peaked in there to see one of my picture frames on the floor and taken completely apart. As I got close I realized there was blood on the frame. Lincoln had somehow managed to puncture his finger with the glass part of the frame. He was bleeding pretty bad and it took nearly 40 min for me to get it to stop. The odd part of the whole thing was that it didn't even hurt him. He never cried once.
It can only get better from here right??????
Hudson James Badger { 2 Year Old Pictures}
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment