Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crazy Busy

I have been really slacking on the blogging lately.  As some of you know I am involved in the Jaycees (a  non-profit organization).  We do many things for the community of LaPorte...one of them being the Deserving Children's Shopping Tour.  My friend Courtney and I are chairing this event this year and it has been a lot of work but I know it will be very rewarding when it's all over.  This year with the support of our generous community we are taking just over 400 children in need shopping this holiday season.  Courtney and I have been super busy pairing children up with escorts, stuffing envelopes, addressing envelopes, shopping for stocking stuffers, and the list goes on.  One of the hardest parts is over now that we have all the children paired up with escorts.  Now we have to finalize a few things, return the hundreds of phone calls once the letters go out, stuff the stockings, and wait for the big day (December 7th)!!!!  I will make sure a post after the event to let you all know how it turned out!!!!  WISH US LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment