Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

I am so glad it is a three day weekend!!  I had a really tough day today with the kiddos.  I had a new little girl start today and she just turned one a few weeks ago.  This is her first time going to a babysitter and needless to say it was not an easy day.  She had a really hard time adjusting today.  She cried almost the entire day.  There wasn't anything I could do to make her happy.  I did get her to take a nap for about an hour and a half and that was about the only time she wasn't crying.  Her crying had an affect on my entire group of kids.  She had my nephew so upset he cried himself to sleep before we even ate lunch.  I am hoping after a few more times here she will start to adjust.  I understand it is her first time away from home and she will need a little time but it just had a horrible effect on everyone else.  I hated doing this but I had to tell her mom that if things didn't get better after next week that I wouldn't be able to have her at my house.  Her crying/screaming upset all the other kids and I can't have that.  I hope her mom doesn't think I am a terrible person for doing that but I also have 4 other kids along with my two that I have to think of as well.

After my stressful day I called my dear friend Lisa and asked her to come over for a walk.  That was exactly what I needed.  We had a nice little walk and then played with the boys in the backyard.  It was a great ending to a not so fun day.  Thanks Lisa and Ethan for coming over to play!!!!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend.  We are going to lay pretty low this weekend.  The only night Ryan is off is Sunday so it won't be easy for us to do much.  We are however planning a trip with my parents and my sisters family to Fair Oaks Farms on Monday.  Hopefully the weather holds out for us!!  I think the boys will really enjoy seeing all the moo cows!!!

Have a safe and fun weekend!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Ashley, we love you guys! I love reading your blog, you are a great writer. I had a great time wiht you guys tonight, and Im glad we could talk, I know we both needed it! Im sorry about your day, just know your an amazing mother and sitter and what ever works out, it will be for the best. Lets pray next week will be better. Hoping for good weather for you all on Monday, and call me:)

    ReplyDelete