Sunday, March 27, 2011

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I've been on here to blog so I guess I've got some catching up to do.  We have been doing a lot of updating around our house.  To start with we have finally finished Timothy's bedroom.  I started doing it months ago but it just seems like I get caught up in other things and haven't had a chance to finsish. He loves Disney's movie CARS so that's what we decorated his room like.  The walls are bright red and blue with a Lightning MqQueen and Mater Board.  My mom also made him some some black and white checkered curtians for his window!!  It turned out really good!!  Finished just in time for the new movie to come out in June!!!!  He also has a big red car bed that fits the room perfectly!!!!  I've also painted the bathroom and changed up the decor in there.  That was the easiest room so far!!!  Our biggest and most current project is the kitchen.  The walls have been painted thanks to my dear friend Courtney who stayed up with me until 1 am last Friday!!!! We are also going to be stripping, sanding, staining, and urithaning the cabinets.  We went to Menards and got all new hardware for them and also a brand new countertop to top everything off!!!  I am so excited about what the kitchen is going to look like when all is said and done.  Hopefully by working on the cabinets every night this week we can have the countertop in this weekend and it will be complete!!!  My next project after the kitchen is Lincoln's bedroom.  He LOVES LOVES LOVES tractors so we are going to decorate his room in a John Deer Tractor Theme.  I've already purchaced fabric for my mom to get started on his curtians.  After we are finished with Lincoln's room the living room will be the next and final project.  My goal is to have all of this done before we go on vacation in June.  I've got two months hopefully I can get it all done!!!!  Oh how could I forget we have also added a third bedroom to our house.  Ryan and I have our own room again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I promise soon once I get the before and after pictures orgainized I will post some pics of my updating!!!

On another note.....the kids are doing great!  Growing personailities everyday.  Lincoln is really coming out of his shell lately.  He is talking more and more and we've been working on mastering all the animal sounds.  Speaking of Lincoln's speach we have his evaluation tomorrow with First Steps for Speech Theropy.  I have seen a huge imporvement in his speech over the last month so I'm not sure if they will even think he needs theropy.  I would just rather be safe then sorry when it comes to the development of my kiddos.  Timothy has been doing great at preschool.  His teachers just love him and he is apparently a perfect angel at school!!  Him and I have been butting heads a little bit at home lately.  They say kids go thru a terrible two's stage but what about the three's?!?!?!?!?!?  He is in this terrible stage of hitting and I am having the most difficult time getting him to stop.  We've tried everything and nothing seems to be working.  For the most part he is really good when it's just us here.  It's when all the daycare kids are here he starts acting out more.  I don't know if it's a territorial thing or what but it's really staring to get to me.  I really hope that we can work thru this soon before it gets worse.  I don't mean to make Timothy sound like he's this awful terrible kid because he's not.  For the most part he is a really good boy he just has his moments just like everyone else!  One more thing I love my boys sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping everyone has a great week and hoping for some WARMER weather!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment