Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ellie Update

Ellie is doing GREAT!!! She is recovering so fast from both of her surgeries.  She is eating 3 oz now every 4 hours and they were going to be taking her IV out tonight.  She still is not peeing on her own so they will have to continue to catheterize her every 4 hours.  She is doing so good they are think about releasing her on Thursday!!!!!!  It just absolutely amazes me that a little tiny baby can have two surgeries within her first 4 days of life and only spend a week in the hospital.  God really truly is watching out for this little girl.  Libby and Tabor are learning over the next couple of days how to care for her at home.  Really her care will just be like any other baby except that they will have to continue to catheterize her at home.  Libby said she did her first one today and it was surprisingly easy.  I myself will have to learn how to do this because Ellie will be at my house when Libby goes back to work.

I hope everyone has a great week and I will continue to post updates as Ellie progresses. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ellie gets to come home! I cannot wait to give her kisses, Ashley thanks for keeping us updated your the best aunite ever!

    ReplyDelete