Ellie is surprising all the doctors and nurses with how well she is doing. Libby was initially told she wouldn't be able to hold Ellie for at least two weeks and she was able to hold her when she was about 2 days old. Libby and Tabor are able to feed her as well. She still cannot be on her back because of the surgery so they lay her on a pillow on their laps while tilting her head to feed her. She is very comfortable without any pain medication except for right after her first surgery. She is the toughest little lady in the whole world! Even though all of this may sound like so much it was really better than what they expected. I really truly believe that God is watching over Ellie. We and so many others having been praying for this little girl for months and I believe this is what is getting her, my sister, and her husband through this tough time. She is absolutely the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen!!!!
My sister Kimmy and I took my boys and Libby's little boy Nolan down to Indy to visit over the weekend. I had a really hard time leaving my sister. I love her and that little baby so much and it just kills me that I am here and I can't be there for her while she is going through this tough time.
We are planning another trip down to Indy on Saturday. Ryan is off of work so we are going to leave really early on Saturday morning and go spend some time with Libby, Tabor, and Ellie. We are then going to take our boys and Nolan to the zoo!
Baby Ellie..soo sweet
Aunt Ashley and Ellie
Libby holding and feeding her for the first time!!!!!
Trying to suck her thumb...just like her big brother!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment