Lincoln had his 18 month check up last week. It went pretty well. Lincoln is still growing like crazy but if he's anything like Timothy it should start to slow down a little....well at least the weight thing, hopefully he continues to get taller!!! I spent a lot of time talking with the doctor about Lincoln's speech. Lincoln is talking and saying more and more words however I don't think he is where he should be. The doctor said that Lincoln should be saying about 20 words by now. He is not at the 20 word mark but close to about 15 words. Timothy talked really well at that age. He was already starting to put together two/three word phrases. I just keep thinking that Lincoln is struggling with his speech b/c I think about how well Timothy was talking at that age. Lincoln's doctor told me that every child is different and even if it is difficult I need to try and stop comparing the two of them. Timothy was advanced at that age and Lincoln is pretty much where he should be. He did however order a hearing test for him and a speech evaluation to put my mind at ease. If he checks out ok with the hearing test and the speech evaluation then I guess I'm freaking out about nothing. I just worry about him getting behind and want to make sure that we get started early if he does have any type of speech problem. Enough about that here are his stats from the check up.....
Weight: 29 lbs 4 oz (85th percentile)
Height: 34 1/4 inches (92nd percentile)
Head: 20 inches (off the charts large just like his daddy)
Hudson James Badger { 2 Year Old Pictures}
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment